our mexican digs

We were leaving our first post when I realized I’d never gotten around to really decorating. We were kind of busy those years. I blame the baby in our house, and then one in my belly. I blame our long medevac and then the fact that my husband moved back stateside early. But still, I swore I’d never do that again. It’s important that a home feels like a home, especially in this lifestyle.

I did a passable job of accomplishing this during our stint in DC, in a house we bought, with furniture we bought, but now we’re at post once again, six months in actually, and have I gotten things set up in a way I’m happy with yet? Nope.

I kept waiting to share scenes from our home with you three loyal blog readers until I did consider the place finished, but finally I’ve accepted that this probably isn’t going to ever happen. So, without further ado, scenes from our somewhat homely home…

Welcome.
Welcome.

The entryway, again.
The entryway, again.

Living room.
Living room.

The play room.
The downstairs play room.
photo (19)
Dining room.
The kitchen.
The kitchen.

Upstairs landing.

Flynn's room.
Flynn’s room.

More of Flynn's room.
More of Flynn’s room.
photo 1
Master bedroom.

Master closet, which is actually even bigger than it appears.
Master closet, which is actually even bigger than it appears.
Master bathroom.
Master bathroom.
Mom's bedroom.
Mom’s bedroom.

Jonah's bedroom.
Jonah’s bedroom.

Not pictured: maid’s quarter, many bathrooms and small backyard. But you get the idea.

This entry was posted in House, Mexico, Personal. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to our mexican digs

1. Deb says:

Nice. Is that Drexel Heritage furniture? Its is definitely more modern than our style….I like it. 🙂

2. Jenni Gunnoe says:

Your house looks great! I’m really interested in the small frames by the dresser in your master bedroom. Are those jewlery organizers? Did you make those? How?!

3. Tiffany B. says:

Beautiful home! How nice to have so much space, too! I’m in a similar boat as far as decorating. I’m struggling with toddler-proofing and finding high areas to place things, so areas of our house are cluttered and it drives me nuts! I also haven’t even hung anything on the walls (we’ve been here since Sept.), but that’s partly bc we have earthquakes, so I’m worried about things falling and hurting the baby or breaking precious items. However, you may have inspired me to get it done!

4. I think your home looks lovely. Besides, I feel that it takes a full year to really get a home-feeling/look, especially a large home. (I am so envious of that closet!!!!) If we paint, we now try to do it before the boxes arrive – to enjoy it the longest and to have as near empty as possible. We’ve decided that color on some walls helps make us happy and marks the space as ours.

5. lynne says:

I covet your house. I envy you hugely. Enjoy, enjoy and enjoy!

6. dr. jerry says:

love it

7. Daniela Swider says:

It’s lovely! And you’ve got tons of space. Enjoy it. It seems to have a good distribution of space and maybe even flow to it. Which is sometimes too much to ask for. I am totally with you on not being ready to blog about our place and show pictures. I never really got there at our previous post either. Our current house has a bunch of quirks and I am not sure what to do with them. Plus, I haven’t finished putting away our HHE – we don’t seem to have enough storage furniture but here’s hoping I come up with a creative solution. So, no you are not at all alone…