typical lunch

I used to be a pack my own lunch sort of gal, but I haven’t brought a single lunch from home in the almost two months since we arrived in Mexico. Why would I, with food this delicious and cheap?

Calamari tacos.
Calamari tacos.
Drink of the day. I don't even ask what it's going to be. Doesn't matter. It's always delicious.
Drink of the day. I don’t even ask what it’s going to be. Doesn’t matter. It’s always good.

Molcajete, basically steamed deliciousness in a pot.
Molcajete, basically steamed deliciousness in a pot.
photo2
Shrimp, shrimp, everywhere.
photo
Your basic street taco fare.

Chilaquiles -- essentially, breakfast nachos. This kind with mole and arrachera.
Chilaquiles — essentially, breakfast nachos. These ones with mole and arrachera.

Don’t be jealous. Just visit. 🙂

This entry was posted in food, Mexico. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to typical lunch

1. Theresa says:

I *am* envious! That food looks AMAZING. Almost enough to convince me that a tour in Mexico would be worth another trip through language training at FSI … almost.

Looks like you guys are settling in very well!

2. Pattie Draper says:

Please eat some pastor for me!! I miss our taco cart lady in Denver!! ha

3. Natasha says:

Just reading the title of this post, I knew I would be torturing myself (stuck here on the compound in Kabul) if I actually clicked and looked at the pictures of the food. Yum! I am starving!

4. Josh says:

Just found your blog a week or so ago, and I’ve been reading through from the beginning trying to get caught up on your life, as creepy as it sounds, and now I feel the need to say that after all of the fun and exciting posts from Guadalajara, my wife may soon be forced to hear a pitch from me concerning an upcoming vacation!

5. lynne says:

Ah, Mexican food. As I so often do up in these northern climes, I miss you so very desperately!

It’s amazing how hard it is to find anywhere else in the world, isn’t it? Although I’ve learned since getting here that what I really crave most of the time is Tex-Mex. Not that true mexican food isn’t good, but… different.

Excellent… hpe you make it! It’s a great city.