At long last we submitted 30 bids for our second post in this Foreign Service adventure.
Our bids include:
- 17 cities
- 14 countries
- 6 continents
- 7 bids on the same city
- 3 bids that would include living in NYC for four months
- 13 bids that would give this tandem thing a decent shot of working
- 2 bids that would allow Flynn to keep up with his French
- 4 bids that wouldn’t allow us to bring Abbey
- 10 places you would love to visit
- 4 places no one in their right mind would visit
They do not include:
- 2 cities that would have been perfect for us, and that both Andy’s DC oncologist and the Regional Medical Officer stationed there said have the facilities Andy needs, but that the Medical Clearances Department still refused to consider for us
If past experience is any indication, we should learn our fate in a week and a half. Fingers crossed.